Monday, December 09, 2002

Gran’s Out Of Theatre

She came out at about 2 p.m., is “comfortable”, so it’s now wait and see. I think we’ll go and see her tomorrow evening.


Oxford United 1 – 0 Swindon Town

Scumdon Town were crushed by the Mighty U’s live on BBC1. It was a great day for the club.

Nobby was seen adjusting his scarf, grinning like a Cheshire cat, clapping, and bobbing up and down like a small child, live on BBC1. As the players ran out of the tunnel, the TV cameras panned around the ground, picking out fans from the crowd. And there I was, sat slightly forward of everyone else, on the edge of my seat, clearly excited by the prospect of the match. I looked like a retard.

And you couldn’t miss me: My Gramp phoned me immediately I got home to tell me he’d seen me. Scott said the same. A number of guys here at work – who I don’t even know the names of – have pointed at me this morning and exclaimed “Hey! Saw you on the telly yesterday!”

It gets worse. If you missed it on the BBC, but live in the Meridian TV region, you get the chance to see me again tonight! Our friend at Meridian, sports reporter Enda, has apparently included me in his edited report on the match, scheduled to go out this evening.

Set your videos!

If you missed me on telly, there was always the chance that you heard me on the radio. I was interviewed at half time by Radio Oxford on the touch-line (most people shirked away from the microphone, but not bashful me) - I actually made a number of excellent points – and then managed to get on the phone-in straight after the game. In high spirits, my “point” was complete tosh – the crux of it was “we looked really sharp today, especially Peter Rhodes-Brown [Oxford United Community Officer], whose suit was very dapper and gave David Dickinson a run for his money…”

I probably sounded like a complete twit, but Scott said it was actually quite funny. You probably had to be there.

Anyway, I’m going to add “TV’s” to my name – as in “TV’s Nobby Dobscrub” – and I am now available for football programme punditry, local radio commentary and children’s parties.


The Jefferson Louis Era II

Even if you can’t stand football, have a look at Jefferson “King” Louis celebrating the news Oxford United are playing Arsenal in the next round…


No comments: