Tuesday, January 07, 2003

Honk Honk

I've already become addicted to GTA Vice City. The more I play, the bigger and better it gets. It's a thing of beauty.

Vic's starting to regret giving it to me. She's had to switch off the PS2 and drag me up to bed the last three nights. Last night I slept fitfully: I dreamt of car jackings, assault rifles, pastel coloured suits with the jacket sleeves rolled up, and the strippers in my new Pole Position gentlemen's club.

According to Vic, on Sunday night I made the noise "HONK HONK!" twice in my sleep.

That's the sound of a stolen construction truck's horn...


Our Postman's Wife Is Having An Affair

Paul the Plasterer came round last night to give us a quote on the kitchen walls (we ordered our new units from MFI on Sunday). He's a nice guy and after our hour of smashing the fireplace apart (in the living room back in September), feels comfortable enough to have a gossip with us. He can talk too.

Anyway, when Paul did the job for us in September, our postman came to the door and it turned out Paul had done the work on his newly-built extension. Paul told us last night that the builder who constructed that extension is now knocking the postman's wife off on the side.

Fascinating stuff, but I don't quite understand why he told us about it.

Furthermore, I feel obliged to tell our poor Postman Pat about his wife's playing away from home.

I won't of course - I've seen too many soap operas for that.


Snow Fall

We had a dusting of snow overnight. Like caster sugar. The result is travel chaos here in the UK. We also had about 10 minutes worth of light snow fall this morning at work. It's fantastic to watch the reactions of grown men and women to a touch of snow: people were rubbing their hands in glee and hoping that there would be enough to build a snowman and toss a few snowballs around at lunch time.

Our South African kitchen hand - Colin - had never seen snow before, and described the wintery scene as "a dream".

That's why I love snow: it helps adults get back in touch with the inner child.

[I won't be saying that when I'm defrosting the car tomorrow morning]

No comments: