Tuesday, August 19, 2003

One Down, Lots More To Come

James phoned us at 10:30 pm last night. He is a proud new father. Little Amy arrived safe and sound at 2:40 pm yesterday afternoon. Rachel managed to avoid the nastiness of being induced by letting her waters break a mere three hours before the inducement deadline. She negotiated the ten hour labour with just gas and air, and both baby and mum are fine.

James was celebrating on his own with a can of Fosters. He was on cloud nine. "I'm a dad!" was his opening line.

After I'd got off the phone with him I was buzzing. I can't wait for our D Day!


Lady of Leisure

Vicster finished work on Friday. She is now on maternity leave and is officially a Lady of Leisure. Yesterday was shopping and tidying up. Today is going to the cinema with Emma and Ruffles. I'm not sure I'm going to like this once the novelty has worn off.

No comments: