Thursday, July 19, 2007

Adapted/Ripped Off From Ruffles


You can play spot the difference if you have keen eyes...


I've recently registered on Facebook. I've accumulated a handful of friends; I really have no idea of what I'm doing with it or what I should be doing with it. Rob told me to sign up, so I have. As part of the original Internet generation, my comprehension of it was basically as a big unwieldy largely inaccurate book. Social networking was limited to a bit of email and the odd message board. I'm probably missing the whole point of Web 2.0 -- which I suspect is either to hook people up for sex or to get jobs for the boys in the Square Mile -- but apart from accumulating old and lost friends, I just seem to spend most of my time finding out that my 'friends' are making 'friends' with people I've never heard of, turning people into zombies and/or sending them fish. There are 5 Nobby's on there, one of whom also seems to be an accountant who works in London (jobs for the boys in the Square Mile), and looks like a tosser. I've also randomly joined a few local groups, but quickly spotted that I am old enough to be the father of all the other members of said groups ("Welcome to our group gramps").

Second Life reference:

"I like your boobs mummy" -- India to Vic (yesterday)

That's my girl!

No comments: