Thursday, September 26, 2002

A Valuable Lesson

I still have some of my professional exams to pass and as a result, I am always on the look out for inspirational stories of learning to help motivate me in my studies.

My ears therefore picked up on the conversation on the other side of my work pen. Julian was telling Mandy about taking his driving test.

Julian: "The first time I took the test I was over-confident and blew it. I thought I knew what was needed, but I didn't and failed...

The second time was different. I was so determined to pass. The adrenaline was really flowing. I was absolutely focussed. One hundred and ten percent. I blocked everything else out beforehand, and went into the test thinking I am going to do this!"

I'm pleasantly surprised: Julian has managed to vocalise something that I can not only use to kick-start my exam revision, but pass on - via this blog - a valuable lesson in life that might inspire others to greater things. Managment speak at its best. If he'd have cried "Once more unto the breach, dear friends!", Henry V himself would have whooped and hollered in appreciation.

Mandy: "So you passed then Julian?"

Julian: "Erm... No..."

No comments: