Tuesday, November 26, 2002

Lord of the Flies

One thing I failed to mention yesterday for all you Lord of the Rings fans was this:

Vic forgot to pack me any clean underpants for Sunday, so when we got down to Canterbury, we popped into Asda to pick up some cheap George pants. Lo and behold, you can actually buy official LotR branded underpants with "Two Towers" and "Lord of the Rings" printed on them.

[Think about it]

I chose plain pants...


Blood Drive

...would make a smashing address for "Spooky Manor" in an episode of Scooby Doo.

All of us at work have been invited to give blood to the National Blood Service next week. It gives me the willies. Every time the invitation comes round (normally every three months), I balance the fact that I really should give blood against the fact I'm a chicken. Ultimately the chicken wins out, but right up until the mini-bus (that the NBS send to pick up the donors) leaves, I'm pacing back and forth, one minute saying "yes I will!", the next minute "no I can't!".

I'm pathetic. I really should give blood. It could save a life. Or allow an athelete to cheat.

I'm not sure why I wimp out either. It's not the needle going in, but rather the thought of being strapped up to some sort of diabolical milking machine that's going to suck the life-juice out of me until I'm a grey and broken husk. I've seen too many vampire movies.

And they might try and force-feed me tea afterwards. [Blurgh!]

Perhaps I should get people to sponsor me...

No comments: