Saturday, November 27, 2004

My Kind of Town

Hello from Chicago!

I arrived yesterday afternoon, after an uneventful eight hour flight, to be picked up by Rob in his Soccer Mom-bile. A light dusting of snow covered the ground -- an exciting sight as we came into land. Unfortunately we had rain overnight and all the snowmen have been washed away.

A glass of champagne and a couple of beers also washed my jetlag away. Last night we ordered pizza in and played some boardgames with Mark, Dave and Kate. An easy first night. The guys were a little surprised to see me still up at ten -- it was a 23 hour for me -- but whereas in the past I might have been a mess, India has trained me to survive on a lot less sleep than before.

In flight movies were:
The Bourne Supremacy -- pretty good.
Dodgeball -- really funny.

After a good night's sleep -- I only woke up once at six (just like home!) -- I cooked breakfast and we headed out to Gameworks for some video game acton and then a movie; National Treasure -- it's mediocre and anti-British (as usual these days with Hollywood).

Tonight is Tapas in Arlington Heights -- the original plan had been La Baton (go search on google) or the KitKat Club but they were booked up (my Gay Night out will have to wait until midweek) -- followed by drinks at the local sports bar.

It's not a holiday though...

Other notes:
Rob's apartment is very cool. Lots of floorspace and nicely decorated. Certainly might steal an idea or two for our new home.
I'm missing my wife and baby already.

Big kisses from the Windy City.

No comments: