Thursday, December 02, 2004

Side Track

It took us ages to get into the city last night. It's nice to know that Americans have to suffer traffic queues like we do. By the time we got to Jen and Mike's it was 9:00. Boy Town was jammed and it took us 30 mins to park. We then discovered the restaurant had valet parking.

Yoshi's Cafe is Japanese-Western fusion. It's also a "proper" restaurant -- as are the prices. Jen and I had a grilled teriyaki salmon fillet on a bed of risotto cake and fresh asparagus. Rob and Mike went for the MEAT option.

Then we hit Side Track: wall-to-wall guys. Jen was the only lady in there for the first beer. The place was cool. Nothing freaky. Except for the total lack of ladies. Compare this to a gay village in the UK where there are plenty of straights out too. There weren't even any gay girls there! Only tough moment for me was the visit to the gents. Stood next to a MASSIVE black guy. I was worried for my cheeks. Then he started singing along to the Madonna video playing over the speakers in a Judy Garland / Wizard of Oz voice. Same thing with the big butch barman... a tiny squeaky voice.

By the time we checked the clock it was midnight. Back home for one. I was knackered anyhow, so when the alarm went off this morning I felt terrible.

Still don't feel right -- despite throwing up half my Berry Blast fruit smoothie mid-morning [oh yes]. My sinuses are congested too -- I guess from the smoke in the bar.

Last night tonight. It's going to be a quiet one.

No comments: