Monday, October 10, 2005

Draw a target on my back

I've been poorly with my asthma over the last few weeks. I couldn't even read India a story over the weekend without struggling for breath and coughing.

I picked up a new asthma inhaler at lunchtime. A heavy-duty combo preventer/reliever called Seretide 250. India will love it because it's the colour purple, like Tinkywinky and my new car. It's a serious medicine. the Emperor of Inhalers, and gives you an idea of how bad my asthma has become. Seretide represents the last real chance to combat my asthma through an inhaler.


The lady at the chemists give me my new kit in a bag featuring a one-eyed monster bug-thingy with loads of teeth. I quote from the bag:

"The flu virus is a lot nastier than a cold. It can leave you weak and vulnerable to other more serious illnesses such as pneumonia and bronchitis.
If you have serious heart, kidney or liver disease, diabetes, respiratory problems like severe asthma, have a lowered immunity or you're 65 or over, you may not be strong enough to fight the effects of flu. Even if you had the jab last year, you'll need a new one this winter.
Contact your GP for your free flu jab now."

I'm having a flu jab a week next Saturday.

If Bird Flu ever transfers to humans in the UK (actually that should read WHEN), I'm a dead man walking.

1 comment:

Nobby said...

Good idea.

I'm off to visit "The Zoo" in a few weeks.