Friday, October 07, 2005

Time for a multiple post:

The Witching Hour

Vic is taking India to a Room with a Broom, Witches Party at nursery this afternoon. In order to get in the mood, Vic is forcing India to wear a 99p witches hat from Woolworths. Obviously Vic doesn't need to dress up.


Land of the Dead

Nothing beats a zombie movie and Land of the Dead is a good one. The bit where the mall-rampaging zombie gets stuck under a cafe table parasol is worth the ticket price alone. The film also features the stock zombie movie characters of Zombie Bride, Zombie Clown and Zombie Schoolboy. Much to Rob's chagrin, Zombie Babies were missing.

Imagine the cracked nipples.


NaNoWriMo

Wicked Imp is promoting the write a book in a month fest again. I've signed up. There is even a dedicated Regional Writing Group and Forum for Oxfordshire (one of the few hubs for the UK). There is absolutely no way that time will allow me to write 50,000 words in the month of November, but I'll use the exercise to write the first few chapters of some rubbish pulp fiction*. You've got to be on the writing train to enjoy the ride, as I might say in my nanowrimo entry.

* I think I'll call my first book Train Cops. The central characters will be a fiesty red-haired wonder woman detective, ala Ginger Woman, and her laid back partner. Think Mulder and Scully but with more action...

1 comment:

kate said...

Mwah ha ha ha ha!

It's contagious. (And strangely similar to the flu... producing sleeplessness, fatigue, irritability, feverish ranting, etc.)