Friday, October 04, 2002

The Dog Reads This

Like most normal people, I occasionally snore.

Last night I was not only snoring, but according to my wife, I was softly wimpering in my sleep - just like the dog does when he's having forty winks. This is weird, as I had a number of bizarre dreams last night, including quite a graphic one where I was chasing rabbits...

The dog's name is Nelson btw. As in Admiral Nelson. A mighty fine name for such a noble creature as my dog *. If SAUW can link to a photo of her cat, I can link to a photo of Admiral Nelson.

Sally and David have apparently got themselves a new kitten. Whilst my dog is named after our great British Naval hero Nelson - a name that stirs the blood and conjures up images of courage, sturdiness and honour - Sally and David have named their kitten Audrey. The name Audrey justs conjures up images of Coronation Street for me.


* When I say "my" dog, I mean my in-laws dog of course, but it's common knowledge in our family that he loves me the most. As a result, he is, for all intents and purposes - apart from vet fees and food costs - my dog. He is probably reading this blog - and preparing to email me (again) - right now too.

No comments: