Monday, July 21, 2003

It's Been A Bad Fortnight

My grandad is currently in the local cottage hospital, having come through his prostate operation poorly, not eating for 5 days and falling over 4 times in 24 hours. I was extremely concerned about him last week, but things have improved over the weekend: he his eating small meals and is less confused and tired. He needs another week or two in hospital and the quality care the nurses there can give him.

I got my pay review at work. It was exactly half of the minimum I'd set for them to meet. 50 percent short of the line in the sand. I was angry enough to tell my boss that it basically forces me to look for another job. I get my exams results this Friday and they will determine what I look for...

Unless my boss comes up with some new goods, I'm outta here: I can't work for a sh*t company, with sh*t people, for sh*t money, any more.

No comments: